"Not all that glitters is golden,
Not all those who wander are lost...."

~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fun School Friday #3 (on a Tuesday)

Took last week off for Labor Day Holiday.....

Math Challenge: PENTOMINOES!! (I love these!! ) This is a printable .pdf file with a set of pentominoes, and page after page of puzzles and challenges to use with your set.

Language Challenge: Write I Am poems:
I Am

I am (two special characteristics)
I wonder (something you are actually curious about)
I hear (an imaginary sound)
I see (an imaginary sight)
I want (an actual desire)
I am (the first line of the poem restated)

I pretend (something you actually pretend to do)
I feel (a feeling about something imaginary)
I touch (an imaginary touch)
I worry (something that really bothers you)
I cry (something that makes you very sad)
I am (the first line of the poem repeated)

I understand (something you know is true)
I say (something you believe in)
I dream (something you actually dream about)
I try (something you really make an effort about)
I hope (something you actually hope for)
I am (the first line of the poem repeated)

Art Challenge: Copy your I Am poems onto poster board. Decorate the posters with photos, magazine cut-outs, drawings, stickers, etc. that either illustrate the poem, or that show more of who you are.

Nature Challenge: Blindfold Explorations. Bring a blindfold, or have child keep eyes shut tightly. Find a sunny woodland glade with interesting places and plants to explore. Lead your child to each spot, carefully taking them around any obstacles or holes. Ask them to touch, listen or smell, depending on what’s there to explore. See if they can tell when they move from the sunny spots to the shade, or from grass to soil.

2 comments:

  1. Love the links. Now why wasn't I following you before? I am now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard!

    And I love your blog, too! Couldn't get inspiration for our scrapbooks without you!

    ReplyDelete